Tuesday 28 April 2015

More crochet!

Hello all, hope that your day has been a good one?  Not sure what's happened to our weather, but it's sunshine and then grey clouds - and definitely a bit on the chilly side this afternoon!  But it is April I suppose - April showers and all that lol!

I've been busy with the crochet hook and yarn again - I do hope you're not getting fed up with the woolly creations?!  When I did the craft fair at the weekend, someone had suggested that she would be interested in a handmade crochet case for her laptop or other 'electronic' gadgets. So I thought I would have a go at making up a mobile phone case and came up with this

I used some gorgeous, silky feel variegated yarn, and made up the pattern in an amigurumi style (i.e. crocheted in a continuous spiral, so no seams)


I added a magnetic catch as I thought that would make for 'easier access' lol! 


And then added a wooden button to finish off the flap.  
I must make a note of the number of stitches I used otherwise if anyone want's me to make one, knowing my memory I'll forget how I did it....

I'd love to hear what you think of it.  I'm currently making a similar one that would fit an e-reader or Kindle, (and I might make one for myself as the case on my Kindle is definitely starting to look a bit shabby!).

I'm adding this to my Etsy store too - the link is HERE

Back soon,
Kim  x

9 comments:

  1. What a fab idea Kim! I'm still battling with a cardigan the back is completed both side are done ..now onto the sleeves when I get chance LOL huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Kim and I love that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours, Kim! Wish I could crochet! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Kim, love the colours. Fab creation. It is raining here today, it is always cold and windy or wet when I have to go out. Lol!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful phone case and such a fab pattern and colour palette. I never tire of seeing your beautiful crotchet creations, they are always so gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea Kim, really lovely 'girlie' colours, I love it!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creation Kim, always love the stitch done on the round, so pretty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cool idea! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x