Friday 11 April 2014

Animals

Hello all and I hope that you've had a good week?  Although I've only been in at work 2 days this week (it's Easter break at school!), I don't seem to have stopped!  The garden is getting a (much-needed) makeover, so have been busy with the power washer, paint, gardening tools, etc. - accompanied as ever by Tilly the Dog - although I seem to have spent a lot of time trying to stop my black pudding of a dog either walking across all the plants or turning into a zebra, with jaunty white 'highlights' where she keeps coming too close to the wet white paint!  It's like having a toddler!

But it's Friday already - and so a new challenge has started over at CraftyCatz.  This week our lovely Aunty Sue is hosting the challenge and the theme is 'Animals'.  Now, I'm not altogether sure that birds count as 'animals' - but I've used this lovely image from Joanna Sheen's Jane Netley Mayhew decoupage


The pearlised card and ribbon are from stash.  I've used Joanna Sheen dies for the leaves, and a LOTV sentiment.
Please take a few minutes to have a look at the fabulous inspiration from the DT at CraftyCatz and then join in the challenge! 
This is my last post for CraftyCatz for a little while - I'm taking a break as I have a busy few months ahead of me and feel I will be struggling some weeks to get my DT things done.  I would have been so sorry to leave the DT altogether as they are the friendliest, most supportive DT (and I've been with them nearly 2 years! - Gosh doesn't time fly?), but our lovely Blog owner Carol has offered that I can take a little break and then join back in with them when things have calmed down at bit!  Thank you Carol and the DT!
But I'm not stopping Tillys Crafts and there will still be bits and pieces on my blog - I can't give up crafting altogether as I love it too much! And I love checking up on everyone else's creations!
I'll be back soon!
Kim x 

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim fabulous image and you take care and hope you will be back with us soon
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning image and a lovely creation Kim. It can be sad when thing change and you have to move on, but will look forward to seeing your fabulous creations as they appear.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Kim gorgeous image. I know exactly what you mean when our dogs want to help us out! LOL I usually ask my love brother and sister-in-law to watch him while I'm painting hahaha because he has had lots of white stripes all over him before. I've had a stressful time these passed few weeks and I have had to slow down on my DT work everything seemed to be wanted at the same time! and Paul was ill it was too much. I think we have to step back and take time to breathe once in awhile and then get back to it LOL Anyway I've waffled on enough ..have a good weekend and huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Kim. Love your image and those leaves look great. Suzy is sporting green socks today after patiently following me up and down the lawn while I was mowing yesterday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful card in those fab colours, I made a start on the garden as well. Hope to see you back at CC soon
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image, fabulous layout and beautiful leaves.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, I adore the colours.

    Forgive me if I miss commenting on any of your cards but I have an ear infection in both ears.

    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Kim. The image and colours look fabulous.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Kim, and love the die cut leaves, don't be a stranger xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kim, love the image.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally gorgeous card Kim..I love the fabulous image and colours...gorgeous.
    My kids said that Harry was looking old and going grey...until I told them he brushed up against flower pots I was painting...silly dog.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful in every detail Kim.
    Have a fab weekend.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card - love the image. Enjoy your Easter break :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow gorgeous card Kim

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tilly the Dog? Really? LOL Great card with such a warm colors, I am gonna miss your project. Hope you will come back soon! Take care!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think this is stunning, love every part of it Kim, and the colours are fab....so are those leaves..yummy..lol...
    We are going to miss you so much Kim, be back soon won't you...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow such a gorgeous card! Love the colours!! I look forward to seeing your posts as and when they appear!
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, love the colours and such a lovely image, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful autumnal shades, Kim! Love those pretty leaves! Hope you are back crafting soon and can manage to keep Tilly off the garden! I have tried a small fence and sticks in the ground around my plants but nothing works with my three! They are digging machines! Take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The birds are one of my favorite parts of spring. :-) Lovely image and those jewel toned leaves are so pretty. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fabulous card Kim. Love the beautiful image. Hope you have had a fun filled Easter. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x