Tuesday 25 February 2014

Baby - all pink and cute!

Hello all and I hope that everyone had a good weekend - and that your week has started well?  Well, half term is over and it was back to normal routine yesterday (i.e. crawling out of bed at some ungodly hour and drinking hot tea and waiting for my brain and face to all fall into place, trying to crowbar teenage son out of bed, clearing up and then heading off to work, etc.).  But at least it's starting to get lighter in the mornings - and a super-cute little squirrel was playing on the path outside my office yesterday as I headed in which made me smile!

Just thought I'd share a card with you that a colleague had asked me for - for a new baby girl. So I got carried away with the pinks!


I've used the adorable 'Spit Happens' from Mo Manning, coloured with a mix of copics and Graph-it markers. 


The backing papers are from LOTV, as are the sentiment and tags. The spotty ribbon is from Joanna Sheen, and there is a Memory Box 'precious heart' die. Pearls and buttons are from stash. 
Not sure about my colouring on this one - thought maybe the skin was a bit too 'orangey'! But it's still a cutie image! 
I'll try and get round to everyone's blogs shortly and I must try and get some pics of the crocheting I've been doing. At least I managed some sewing while I was off, so Tilly the Dog has a new slouching cushion (made from my old dressing gown and a couple of old pillows!), and I found some fabric I'd bought ages ago and made some new cushion covers (which Tilly is also sprawled across lol!).
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Fitztown Challenge - stitching
Party Time Tuesday - anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday - stitching


20 comments:

  1. He is adorable Kim and it is so easy to get carried away with pink. love the design and papers.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Kim and I love pink! the papers are gorgeous, we saw a few squirrels in the local park the other day it was a lovely mild day lets hope it stays that way for awhile..huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is way too cute! Absolutely adorable! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. We hope to see you play along with us again.
    Ema
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Kim..and not too orangey at all..love the papers and layers and fabulous stitching..how do you do so straight??..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card Kim. Love that image and I think the skin looks fine, doesn't seem too orangey to me, just a nice healthy glow. Love the colours and those cute little buttons, hope your week back at work goes well and quickly :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sweet card Kim.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fantastic card for a baby girl Kim. Love the layout too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Kim. Love the image and the sweet colour palette.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Kim. Love the papers and that adorable image. Great colouring too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet card Kim. Your colouring is beautiful and the skin doesn't look too orangey to me. Great image too!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cute image and pretty papers, your stitching looks fab too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet image and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love the papers.stitching and adorable image! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely papers, Kim, and this stamp is adorable! Not to mention that this card is PINK! LOL
    Have a nice day!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how cute is this? I totally adore your baby card, the papers are so gorgeous and perfect for it. Great job!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Mo's Digital Pencil! Hope to see you playing again soon.

    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is one of my favorite Mo images Kim. I think your coloring looks fantastic and you always have the neatest stitching on your cards. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGoodness I love this card it is fabulous! Thank you for joining the Fitztown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! love the colours and the image is so darn cute!! thanks for joining TTT this time :) Steph DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x