Wednesday 18 December 2013

Something a bit different!

Hello all and I hope that your week is going well?  I'm looking forward to finishing work on Friday for a break - much as I'm enjoying my job, the last few weeks have been so busy (at home and work) that I'm ready for a break, and hopefully a little relaxation time!  And I apologise if I haven't been round to visit your blogs lately, time has been at a premium but I'm hoping that I'll get chance for a little browsing on the web!

Something a little different to share with you today.  I'd made a couple of these a little while ago and a colleague saw them at work and asked if I could make a couple for her


I've used fabric from Cath Kidston for the bags (which are great as make-up or toiletries bags) 


And then lined them with spotty or gingham fabric.  But please excuse some of the slightly dodgy blanket stitching!  I always enjoy playing with fabrics and just made up these patterns as I went along! 

I was also asked to make a card for a friend's daughter to give to her German teacher who was leaving. She wanted quite a simple card - suitable for a teacher (and a man!), so I came up with this!


I used coloured card to make the German flag for the background, and simply added a sentiment ("Goodbye and Good Luck" in German!) and some starburst flourishes from Joanna Sheen in gold mirri card.  Hope it fits the bill! 
Back soon,
Kim x 



9 comments:

  1. Love those little bags Kim, such pretty fabrics and I have to say I am very impressed with your German inspired card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all those little bags are just awesome gifts and so handy for any feminine goodies. Your card is also so festive. Love the golds.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bags look so beautiful Kim. I love your pretty designs and gorgeous material.
    The card is fabulous, such a brilliant design and the gold flourishes look wonderful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bags are fabulous Kim love the colours and the card is great too! you will soon be able to put your feet up and chill once all the madness has passed LOL huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little bags are just precious Kim. It's always fun to see my crafty friends branch out into other crafty materials. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sewing projects look fabulous. The fabric and colours are so pretty. A brilliant card too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bags are gorgeous Kim and I love that card it is fantastic. Hope to get some crafting time tomorrow. I got an i Pad on Monday and have been trying to set it up and master it. Lol!!!
    Merry Christmas sweetie.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the bags are fabulous!! I love the card too!
    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and get some much needed relaxation time!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bags are so adorable kim..love the patterns on the fabric and the buttons..make fabulous little gifts and love your masculine Christmas card..very effective with the gold starburst flourishes..

    luv CHRISSYxx..

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x