Sunday 20 October 2013

Christmas is coming....

I can't believe we're heading at super speed towards the end of October. What happened to September then? And I keep seeing countdowns to how many days to Christmas just to reinforce the point! And to add to all that, we're starting to get the odd firework going off and Tilly the Dog is so not impressed!  Yesterday afternoon we had a real downpour, together with lightening and some thunder which she didn't like (and kept standing on my feet in the kitchen while I was trying to get tea ready!), and then to add to her woes, a couple of loud fireworks went off nearby in the evening which stressed her out even more. Much as I love Tilly, I do wish we didn't have this carry on every autumn! Sigh.
So what with darker nights, heating coming on, countdowns, etc., I'm starting to feel the pressure to get my backside into gear and get on with the Christmas cards!  I must admit that I'm still struggling with the old Mojo a bit at the moment, and enjoying doing some needlework and crochet to relax a bit.  Perhaps I'd overdosed on the cardmaking this last few months, so I needed to get a bit more 'balance' back into the crafting. I've always enjoyed trying lots of different crafty things (although perhaps that means I'm a bit of a 'Jack of all trades, master of none'!). But despite all that, I've got a little Christmas card to share with you today


I've used one of the gorgeous Whimsy Christmas sentiment digi stamps, coloured with promarkers and copics, and some distress inks. I've added a Spellbinders poinsettia die cut with some added gold gilding wax


I used a gatefold design, with the papers from LOTV, with some added distress inks.


Quite simple, but fairly flat so easier for posting!  
Hope you like it.  And apologies for being a bad blogger and I will try and catch up with all your crafty creations over the next day or so! 
Back soon,
Kim  x


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and beautiful card Kim
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Kim...must have a look at whimsy, I've not visited for a while!
    Love those papers too. Poor Tilly :0( Neither of mine are particularly bothered
    by either thunder or fireworks. Mog is deaf anyway!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Christmas Is Vastly Approaching And Just Got Order For 16 Omg Least She Asked Early Have Yet To Find Lott What She Wants. Must Remember The Postage Costs Too. Love This Card It Is So Traditional Great Stamp. Enjoy Your Day Send Tilly To Keep Buddy Company He Will Protect Her Although He Doesn't Like The Dark Nights

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning design and detail Kim. An absolute delight.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kim, love that sentiment. Hope Tilly has a better day/evening.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Kim! I do like the sentiment and stamp and the poinsettia just finishes it off nicely!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Kim, love it :) That sentiment is lovely and I really like the gatefold design :) Hope poor Tilly settles down soon, the poor little pet :D

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had thunder and lightning too last night Kim and I really must have a strange dog because he's not bothered by loud bangs and he actually gets up on the windowsill and watches the fireworks hahahaha , its scary how Christmas is creeping up and the months are flying by. Your card is beautiful love that poinsettia huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image with the sentiment and beautiful poinsettia.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this fold Kim...love the sentiment and image too..and love the poinsettia.
    Poor Tilly...my Harry does not like noises either...or the wind at night time...but far too big to sit on my knee when it happens..lol..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous Christmas card Kim. I love the pretty papers and fabulous sentiment.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Kim. What a beautiful sentiment.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Kim, love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite lovely Kim. :-) Great image and I adore the poinsettia. I know what you mean about needing to change up your crafty style every one in a while. I do believe we can burn ourselves out. Have fun with your stitching and give that chicken Tilly a big hug for me. My Gwennie hated loud noises too. We never could figure that out since they're supposed to be hunting dogs. LOL. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning card! Love the papers and that fabulous image/sentiment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas card Tilly! Love the gatefold and that sentiment is lovely.
    Stunning card honey!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x