Sunday 30 June 2013

Just for you...

Hello all in Blogland and I hope that your weekend has been going well? A little grey here this morning (the weather, not me - my grey is covered up!) but hoping it stays dry as I really need to do a bit more in the jungle garden!  It's amazing how much things can grow with some rain and some sunshine!  So before I lose the dog and cat in the undergrowth, I think I'd better make an effort to get some of it under control. I've never been keen on very neat and tidy gardens, with everything planted in regimental rows, but I think the 'relaxed and natural' look is getting a bit carried away with itself, so I can feel a 'hack and slash' mission coming on with the gardening tools. I might even persuade him indoors to help me - but I won't hold my breath. It seems the rest of the family are quite happy to sit in the garden when the weather's nice (or, in my son's case, if the barbecue is going) but strangely enough, no-one is too keen to do any weeding.....

And apologies for not getting round to everyone's blogs over the last few days - I will make an effort later today (when I've collapsed after gardening) to 'surf' the net and catch up with all your fabulous creations. I thought I'd share a card with you today that I was quite pleased with when I'd done it, but now I'm not so sure and think I've probably gone a bit overboard!  I've always tended to be a bit 'more is more' kind of gal when it comes to card design and embellishments, but now think I've perhaps gone too far.....


I've used an LOTV stamp 'Bunnies - In Love' - and they're so cute! 


I've coloured them with promarkers and copics. The gorgeous backing paper is from My Minds Eye. The flowers and leaves are from WOC, as is the pearly heart. I've used ribbon and lace from stash and the sentiment stamp and ticket die are from Whimsy. 


I did this as a sort of 'off-set' gatefold card, with the inside decorated to match and a Marianne die cut heart. 
I adore that paper, but think I may have added too much to it with other embellies! Oh well, I'll never be a CAS girl at heart lol! 
I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend - whatever you have planned. 
I'll be back tomorrow with one of the gorgeous new releases from Whimsy Digital - and a blog hop! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this into the following challenges:-
Jellypark Challenges - celebrate summer
Patties Creations - summertime fun
As You Like It challenges - 3 favourite embellishments (flowers (whether on cards or in the garden lol!), ribbon (especially bows), lace - I love girly, feminine embellishments!)
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes + ribbon




30 comments:

  1. This is stunning Kim, love the bunnines and the fabulous background paper. Its a lovely card.
    Enjoy your gardening.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've not gone overboard at all Kim, it's fabulous!!
    Have a good day in the jungle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say......
    thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at As You Like It :0)
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kim, I love it :D I don't think it looks overdone at all :) Love the bright colours and those bunnies are adorable :D Good luck with the gardening - we have a huge patch out the back that literally hasn't been trimmed back in about a decade, hope that makes you feel better about yours :P

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Kim. Those papers are gorgeous,
    Cute I age and design too
    Good luck with the garden
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is soooo cute, I love this stamp and the choice of paper is perfect!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Kim, I love the cute image and beautiful summery colours. Such a fabulous design too.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the day
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I for one would be chuffed to receive this...it's not overdone at all. I love the bright colours and the image is really cute. Happy gardening (or not haha)....Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Kim this is gorgeous I haven't got this stamp hmmmm might be some more LOTV purchases on the horizon LOL huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Kim and you definitely haven't gone to far with the design and embellishments. The image is adorable and beautifully coloured. Hope you dad a successful day in the garden.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Kim! I do love those LOTV images and wish I had more time, especially when I see a little beauty done up like yours is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, not at all over the top and how could you resist that fabulous paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you have survived the garden. This is gorgeous sweetie. Very pretty colours and layout.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim. Gorgeous, gorgeous card. Love that backing paper - so beautiful ... and all your embellishments work together to create a wonderful keepsake for a special person. The image is so sweet and I love the coloring - fabulous! Thanks for joining us at ATS&M. Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Kim - the DP's are gorgeous and the image is so sweet.
    Hope you've had a lovely weekend.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. No way is this too far Kim, it's perfect! I love the cute image and fresh colours and you are so good to do the inside as well, I'm far too lazy to do that most of the time, lol!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Kim.
    I've set up (I hope) bloglovin today,
    I think I'm following you on this but not 100%, let me know if I'm not

    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Kim. The image looks so sweet and I love the pretty papers and embellies.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Kim, love the sweet image and colouring, and the papers and fold are fantastic..love it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous Kim, adorable image...hope you have had a good day in the garden.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, how sweet! Thanks for playing in our "Summertime Fun" Challenge #70!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darling card, wonderful design! Love the sweet image, your pretty papers and all the fantastic embellishments! (I love lots of stuff, lol!) Thank you for sharing this with us at Jellypark Friends! Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, adorable image and loving that fabulous paper!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another fabulous card Kim! The image is so cute and the papers just bring it to life! Hope you didn't get lost in the jungle!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Less may be more but more is best :). That backing paper is stunning and really sets you image off so well. Gorgeous !!!
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kim. Lovely card. Like your off-set gatefold, great embellishments too. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Good luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty ribbons
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous card, love the colors and the beautiful image. Thank you for joining us at Creative this fortnight. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Done just perfectly if you ask me. I love all the details and that gorgeous paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Great card! Thank you for sharing at Creative moments.
    Leona (DT)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x