Friday 17 May 2013

3 2 1 at CraftyCatz!

Hello, I'm back again - but I promise it's a shorter post than earlier!  If you haven't seen it - my Polkadoodles DT card is below together with my very first attempt at a tutorial that is also on the Polkadoodles site. If you get chance, I'd love it if you could have a read through the tutorial and let me know what you think - does it make sense? is it too long? too many pics? too easy? Thanks!

But it's time for a new challenge over at CraftyCatz - and we had some fantastic entries last week (and such a lot!) with our anything goes challenge! This week our challenge is '3,2,1' - so we want to see 3 of something, 2 of something and, yes you've guessed it, 1 of something! Easy!

I've used - 3 buttons, 2 papers, and 1 image and I've used LOTV stamp 'Yee Haa!'


I've coloured the image with promarkers and copics


Aren't they just the cutest pair! When Tilly the Dog was a puppy and Jack was 6 years old. I used to come home to find the dog dressed in football shirts, Jack would be getting her to ride on his skateboard, playing football, etc.!  All little boys need a dog really! (Especially one as daft as ours!). And now my cute little 6 year old boy has been abducted by aliens and they've left a towering, continually hungry and grunting male that vaguely resembles him, I have to say that Tilly the Dog still gets the most attention from him! 
The backing papers I've used are NitWit ones, with some added stitching (although don't look too closely, it went a bit wonky!).  I've added a Sizzix die cut star and buttons from stash!


So do have a look at the fantastic inspiration from the DT - and join in with your own 3,2,1! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
LOTV Challenge - Boy oh Boy
Charisma Cardz - no digis allowed
Inky Chicks - blue & brown



27 comments:

  1. Brilliant card Kim and I love the stitching, gorgeous inside and out.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely card. Very cute. Love the layout and maybe gives me ideas myself for this challenge.
    Very best wishes
    Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim love the image fabulous paper's and love the stitching
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim, I love it! The inside is fab too :)

    Have a great weekend :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so delightful Kim. Gorgeous colouring and stitching.

    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Kim. I love that image, beautiful colouring and great papers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What FABulous colours this is Kim..The cutest of cute images.
    I LOve your stitching too.
    Chrissyxx
    There will be a day Kim when your Son returns..
    I know these things lol..cause ours did! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Kim, fabulous detail and a good read, the week-end has now started.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card and colouring Kim!

    Have a good weekend!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Kim - love it!
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps thanks for the heads up about where to buy flowers. I've ordered some goodies from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop. Very sad to see they're closing down their shop. Thanks again....Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Kim and such superb colouring, love that image so cute, enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol...loved your description of your Son..lol..have been there Kim.
    Gorgeous card with your little cowboy, so adorable and fabulous colouring.Love your card design too..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh ! What a fabulous realization ! The inside is also wonderful as the outside. What a great job ! Bravo !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week !

    Have a good evening and good luck !
    Hugs from France.

    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim, I'm sorry I've been such a bad blogger recently and not been by your blog for ages - I've been struggling with motivation and inspiration. Am hopeful that the kick up the backside I gave myself is now working and you'll see me on a more regular basis.

    I've just had a wee wander back over your latest posts and gorgeous cards - you do make lovely creations!

    Hope you have a good weekend,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute card Kim. I love the colours you have chosen.
    Babsxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOOHOO! Love the patchwork look and the cool stitching Kim. Adorable image and a really nicely constructed card. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant image and card, very sweet. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the image and you have showcased it beautifully. Love the papers. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a sweet male card. Have a great weekend hun. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect boy card - just love the design and detail.
    Thanks for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a perfect card for a boy! Love the match of papers and image - looks fantastic. Great work with the stitching too.

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  23. How'd I miss this cutie?!

    What a fab card.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this card! The image makes me smile with that cute puppy sitting there with his feather head dress. Great design and layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card, the papers are a perfect match to your colouring and the stitching is a great accent.
    Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cutie.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x