Sunday 24 March 2013

Thinking of you

Hello all and hope that your weekend has been a relaxing one - and hopefully a warm one!  It's been freezing here (as I would imagine it has over most of the UK!).  My daughter & I took Tilly the Dog on the field at the back of our house and it was such a bitterly cold wind it hurt! Even Tilly was relieved to get home! So I've been doing warm things today - baking lol! It's become something of a necessity really with a teenage boy to feed.  It's a bit like throwing food into a black hole. Goodness knows where it goes because with the amount he eats he should be as wide as he is tall, but he's just growing upwards and has the build of a beanpole!  It's so unfair lol!  As my mum would have said, he's cheaper to keep for a week than a fortnight!

Anyway, in between the freezing dog walks, I managed to make a card yesterday. Sadly, it was one of those cards that aren't particularly happy ones to make but are occasionally a necessity.  One of my uncles died last week and I wanted to make a sympathy card to send to his wife (one of my late mum's sisters) and family.  We're not going to be able to go to his funeral as Jack's still at school and it's too far to travel there and back in a day. But I'm sure plenty of family and friends will be there. My mum came from a very large family (she was one of 12 children!) and I have many, many cousins and all their families too! So I'm sure that many will be there to pay respects to Uncle Pat, a lovely, gentle man.  I suppose one of the nice things about making cards is that you can make something special and personal for people


I've used a digi stamp from Whimsy.  It was actually for Easter, but I removed the Easter message and just used the cross. I think it looks ok.  I've coloured it simply with promarkers


The backing paper is from First Edition. Then I've added some cream ribbon and lilies from stash (I've had them so long I can't remember where I got them!). The leaves are made using a Poppystamps die. The soft sage green seam binding is from Pretty Little Ribbon Shop.  Then I just added a sentiment I printed on the computer. 
So quite a simple card with soft, muted colours. But I prefer that for a sympathy card. 
I hope that we get some warmer weather for this week ahead - but I'm not holding my breath! 
Keep warm,
Back soon, 
Kim x 


7 comments:

  1. I agree Tilly, sympathy cards are never easy but this is beautiful. The flowers are a gorgeous finishing touch.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Kim, always so hard to make but this is perfect! I am with you on the food lark and boys, I swear you cannot fill em up! hugs, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Kim. I love the soft colours and the lilies are such a nice touch.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Kim. I love the soft colours and lillies.
    Perfect for the occcasion.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, love the colour palette. Sorry to hear about your Uncle's death.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect card for a very sad occasion. Love the colours you have used
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely soft beautiful card Kim! Sorry to hear of your loss.

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x