Friday 8 March 2013

So distressed!

Hello - and I'm back again!  I'm not on for a few days and then you can't get rid of me lol!  It's time for a new challenge over at Polkadoodles and this week the theme is 'Distressing'.

I decided to make a hanger for this challenge using one of the gorgeous Polkadoodles stamps 'Be Neighbours'


I've used coredinations card and distressed the edges.  The backing papers are from the Polkadoodles Picknix cd - there are some fantastic design papers on there! I've added distress ink and faux stitching (using LOTV stamp). The sentiment is also from the Picknix cd.


I've coloured the image with flexmarkers and some added chalks. I've added a Sizzix flower die cut (using the same papers) and some lace from stash. There's a Marianne die cut swirl, some gorgeously cute wooden scissors from CraftyEmblies and some twine for the hanger.  
So, something a little different from me! Hope you like it! 
So do join us at Polkadoodles Challenge this week with your distressing!  And there are some fabulous offers on at the moment over at Polkadoodles on cds, stamps and all sorts of crafting goodies! 
Back soon, 
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
PennysPaperCrafty - stitching
Created with love - anything goes
KaboodleDoodles - anything but a card
WhoopsiDaisy - 2 patterned papers



21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim love the image and fabulous flower
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Kim. Fabulous colour palette. Have a great week-end.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kim. Love the image and great layout. Distressed to perfection and the faux stitching looks amazing.
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is beautiful! Love the colours and layout!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Kim. The image looks great and I love those scissors.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. a brilliant idea, love the embellishing and colouring-just fabxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABulous colours Kim.. LOve your image.
    LOve your design too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim this card is just gorgeous. I struggle with distressing of any shape or form lol but you have certainly aced it. I love the wee house, was tempted to use it myself this time but saved it for a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Kim, really fab design! hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful,gorgeous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card - I love the faux stitching, its wonderful. Great papers and stamped image and love how you did the clouds. TFS and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the mix of elements on this card Kim. Those little scissors are too cute. Definitely a honey feel. Thanks so much for your kind words about my pup. I can tell how much you love Tilly so I know you understand. Have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card. I love the way you colored it. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at
    Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Kim. This is so beautiful and a cute image. Love the colours and design, and your flower is stunning.
    Thanks for sharing at Created with Love. Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute!! Love this! So glad you joined us at Whoopsi Daisy's '2 Patterned Papers' challenge this week!
    I have blog candy!! check it out at www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea, and very nice hanger. Thanks for joing us at kaboodle doodles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this idea! Great combination of papers & image :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a wonderful creation, love the distressing and the design, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic! Very artistic. Your embellies are wonderful. Thanks so much for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x