Sunday 31 March 2013

Fredericka!

Good morning and back again - hope you haven't eaten too many chocolate eggs...?  I have to say that my darling offspring do love their chocolate (can't think where they inherited that from....!) and have already snaffled their chocolate goodies up to their rooms.  In typical fashion I would imagine that Lauren's will be carefully displayed in her immaculately tidy room and gradually consumed over the coming days.  However, the discarded wrappings from Jack's are probably already scattered over his bedroom floor (along with most of his other things) and I'll be very surprised if there's any trace of chocolate left by teatime! I keep telling myself to keep my OCD tendencies in check and that it's perfectly normal for a teenaged boy to hang up his clothes, books, dirty laundry, etc., on the floor and that an attractive selection of used crockery and glassware is artfully displayed over desktops, window sill and bedside table. I find my best defence mechanism is just to close the door and not look at it....Sigh.

Anyway, Sunday morning waffle over with!  If you haven't seen it, I did a post with a random draw for my blog candy winner - just scroll down!
But I've got details of a brilliant new release from Nikky Hall over at Polkadoodles! She's just released a fab new cd 'Fredericka' with brilliant digi images on, together with backing papers and sentiments - and there's a special paper pack offer with it at the moment too!
  Limited edition whilst stocks last

I've used one of these gorgeous new images for my card today - this is Anya 


I love these images, I think they have a more 'mature' look than many that are around at the moment. I've coloured her with promarkers and flexmarkers, with a little added pencil for detail. I used quite 'autumnal' colours for this one, but I'm going to do it again with some pastel spring colours for a completely different feel! 


The backing paper is from K&Co and I've added Marianne die cut flowers and swirl with a button from stash, and some flower shaped brads. 
So do pop over to Polkadoodles - there are some great offers on at the moment and don't forget to have a look at this great new cd! It's free shipping over £10 so you can treat yourself to an Easter pressie (less fattening than chocolate!).
Have a great Bank Holiday! 
Back soon,
Kim x 




13 comments:

  1. A Lovely image and love your colour choices here Kim. That DP is gorgeous.
    Sounds like a 'normal' Easter in your house :)
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My goodness Kim - this card is stunning. The image you have coloured perfectly and i love the colours that you have chosen. Fabulous. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Kim and those colours are gorgeous together! I like the background paper and the big button in the flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the image and such beautiful colours.
    Happy Easter!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is really fabby Kim, I have looked at these images I am quite tempted! Love your papers and brilliant colouring! hugs, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kim, the colours are fab and your colouring is just great :)

    Happy easter!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card great to be following you glad I found your blog :) Happy Easter Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kim. The image looks fab and I love the colours and papers.
    happy Easter
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous Kim! Lovin' the muted colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous. The image is a darling and your colouring of her is awesome as usual. Love that backing paper.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great image and I love the faux stitching on the background papers. Wonderful card Kim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Kim, love that image and great layout

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my PD paper piecing entry - it means a lot so thank you very much!
    I have to say it's been lovely looking at your creations, your colouring is awesome and I really like the look of this new CD hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x