Friday 22 March 2013

Embossing

Hi I'm back again today with my second post (please scroll down to see my CraftyCatz post!).  It's time for a new challenge over at Polkadoodles and this week Team A have the challenge of 'embossing'!  So you can either do some dry embossing or sprinkle over your embossing powders!

For my inspiration card I've used the Polkadoodles 'Back to Nature' cd-rom 


I just love those swirly peacock feathers and the lilac and green colours.  I've used a tag from the cd and added a sentiment.  Then punched some eyelets in and threaded ribbon through. I've added an embossed panel of coredinations card using the Cuttlebug 'birds and swirls' folder and lightly sanded it back. Then a few flowers from WOC and Joanna Sheen. The swirl is a Marianne die cut. 

So quite a simple design really, but I was quite pleased with the overall look and thought it could be suitable for a variety of uses! 
So I do hope that you'll join us at Polkadoodles - and have a look at the fantastic inspiration from the DT! 
Back soon,
Kim  x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Forever Friends - flowers

19 comments:

  1. JUst Gorgeous Kim..
    What FABulous colours and design.. I LOve this paper.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both gorgeous cards, I also love this paper. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card KIm - love the elegant design and the DP's are so pretty.
    Beautiful colours.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and striking. You did a fab job of pulling all the colours in from the background paper (which is very nice paper) and the design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That paper is gorgeous and love how you have toned everything to match it. Beautiful layout. Love it
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Kim. I really love the design and gorgeous colour scheme
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the design and pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Kim, love the sentiment as the focal..gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Kim, gorgeous layout and papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, right up my street .
    I have a card to make for a friend you have given me some inspiration for it.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, I love that embossed panel. I have that folder but not used it for ages!! Love your colours.

    Have a good weekend, it is snowing here.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look of sanded embossing and that center panel is just gorgesou. Beutiful card Kim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful Kim! Love the papers and embossing - gotta try taht sanding technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. I love that the label has the same picture as the background. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation, lovely flowers, thanks for joining in at Forever Friends this month. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really gorgeous - I must get hold of the background paper ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kim, just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you let on my Polkadoodles tag entry. I really do appreciate it so thank you very much!
    Gorgeous card, love the whole thing - the paper is gorgeous - and the lay out stunning hugs Karen P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x