Monday 11 March 2013

Birthday card for an old g*t!

Hello all and I hope that your week has started well?  And I hope that all you mum's out there in the UK were spoilt a bit yesterday - and special hugs for those whose mums are no longer with us. Sadly, both my darling mum and my lovely mother-in-law have both passed away, and I miss them every day - and particularly at times like Christmas, birthdays and Mothering Sunday. But I have my own babies(!) now and so received gifts, flowers and a card - and lots of hugs!
And I do hope that you're keeping warm?  Here in the UK it's been freezing, with flurries of snow every so often. Today I had a girly shopping day at the Trafford Centre in Manchester with a friend (about an hour away on the motorway). It was ok driving there, and we had a good chat over coffee & lunch, an enjoyable browse round the shops but then when I set off home it was like a blizzard! And I hate driving in the snow! Fortunately the roads were clear, but the visibility was awful with snow blowing everywhere! Hey ho. But thankfully after a few miles it all started to clear again! I've decided that I'm just a wuss with bad weather!

Anyway, just a quick card to share with you today - I realised that I hadn't shown you the card I made for my darling husband's birthday when he officially became an old git lol! (Or that's what we keep telling him!)

Now I'm not suggesting that we look like that (only sometimes on an early morning after a late night) - but I love these Bugaboo images!

I've coloured the image with promarkers. The backing papers are coredinations card and K&Co papers. The sentiment is also from Bugaboo. The twine & twill ribbon are from stash and the wooden star button from CraftyEmblies.
Quite a simple card, but he doesn't really do 'fussy' ones - but it raised a smile!
Hope you like it.
I'll be back soon and try and catch up with everyone's blogs. Thank you so much for the lovely comments you leave - and a big welcome to my new followers too!
Kim x

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
CardsforMen - monochrome
CritterChallenge - twine
MyGrafico - anything goes
PrettyLittleRibbon - happy birthday
Eclectic Ellapu - birthdays

17 comments:

  1. Love your card, such a fun image and sentiment. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing monochrome card Kim. Love Bugaboo stamps and you used this one perfectly!
    thanks for joining in with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee Love it Kim. That pair is always good for a laugh. Hugs and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real fun birthday card Kim and just perfect for our theme this month.

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

    B x

    I have a celebration with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you have time to create something to join in, you can check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Kim. I love the fun image. The colours and layout looks fab.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Kim. Fabulous image and sentiment.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous fun image Kim. Bugaboo always raises a smile. I'm glad I've been off this week and missed the awful weather. I'm a wuss driving in snow too
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and image Kim. I too adore these comical Bugaboo images. You have done it proud with your colouring and layout.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A FABulous Fun image Kim...LOve your colours.. LOve your sentiment too.
    Chrissyxx
    Went to the Trafford Craft show last month..
    Glad we went on the train the traffic was awful.
    Some of the car parks were full at 10.30a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kim, this is a fabulous male card - I just adore it!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I think I am over the hill too lol and I am not that age yet! Love your card, not sure if your hubby did though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Thanks for joining at Critter Sketch: Twine!
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahaha! Great card, Kim -- perfect sentiment to go with the old folks - very cute - and wonderful layers, shading and colors! Love it. Hope it warms up soon, in the meantime, here are some warm Florida hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Card - I love your deisgn and that image is fab

    Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men.

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny! Love that great image with the perfect pairing of that hilarious sentiment :D Thanks for sharing at Eclectic Ellapu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I love Stella & Gus, so funny and so not pc! Great card Kim.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Don't you just love Stella and Gus? Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x