Saturday 2 March 2013

A Very Special Birthday!

Hello all and hope that your weekend is going well! Thankfully it's dry and quite bright here so that makes me feel like getting a few jobs done (unfortunately, despite my best efforts, there's still h****work and the dreaded laundry to do!) but before I get on with that I just wanted to share this with you.

I'd lost heart in stamping a bit about 18 months or so ago, then I made two wonderful discoveries that just kickstarted my crafting again, inspired a passion for stamping and ultimately led to me starting this blog nearly a year ago. Those discoveries were promarker pens and Lily of the Valley stamps!  I know, I know, I was a bit behind the times really (story of my life!) - but since then my collection of pens and LOTV stamps (and now scrummy papers!) has grown and grown! Oops!  So although it's nearly my blog's birthday - today Lili of the Valley are celebrating their own 9th Birthday!  And they had a challenge to make a birthday card for them.  Now I know I'm a bit late (again!) with this and the challenge closes later today, but I've been so busy. But I really couldn't let the chance to make them a birthday card pass by - and thank them for inspiring a love of stamping and colouring!

Now this is definitely a LOTV card! I've used the Patchwork Present stamp, coloured with promarkers and flexmarkers, and LOTV sentiment stamps. The backing papers are from the Nitwit pads at LOTV too! 


I've added some stitching and coredinations card for matting and layering. The rose is from WOC (sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer) and the die cuts are Marianne leaf and Doo Hickey doily flower (just love this new purchase - prepare to get fed up of seeing it as I've a feeling it's going to be appearing fairly often lol!).  The lace, bling and pearly pins are from stash.  And I've even decorated the inside to match! 

So do hope you like it - and do pop over to the LOTV website and help them celebrate their birthday! 
Back soon, 
Kim x 


I'm entering this into the LOTV Birthday Card Challenge



25 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kim. Gorgeous imag and papers. Fantastic colouring too.
    Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Kim! I love the colours, and your colouring is fantastic - do you mind me asking what colours you used for the bear? It looks great!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tanya, still playing with 'bear' colours (sometimes lighter browns, sometimes darker, sometimes greys!) but for this one I used nutmeg, tan and putty - I think! Note to self - start keeping track of what colours you use! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and I love how did the sentiment.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, love the image and fab colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! really lovely card hun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is lovely. Papers and colouring are just fab.
    Hope you have a good weekend.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the cute image and your colouring is so beautiful. The papers and details are all so pretty too.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really is a FABulous card Kim...The cutest of image and I LOve your colours..
    LOve all your embellishment too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Kim, adorable image.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I so love this card, just so pretty and perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the sweet image and fab layout and pretty papers. One of my favourite 'Kim' cards!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. One super cute card Kim, love it.
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMmm I have to say Kim this is a knockout card, I think its just perfect and very gorgeous, I hope you get a top 3 spot for this one!! hugs, Karenxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet image Kim on a fabulously designed card. Love the colour and all of your detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lovely card Kim. Super cute image!

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I think your card is adorable and I'm really glad you rediscovered your love of stamping and started blogging. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Doesn't a year fly by so fast. So glad that you rediscovered a passion for craft. Love today's card Kim. A beautifully coloured image and the papers work perfectly with it. Smiling about the magnolia flower.. I bought that months ago and think I have only used it once... must dig it out again.
    Good luck with the challenge
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this sweet card Kim. Great image, papers and layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome Kim. Love those new dies and I will not get fed up with you using them. Lovely image and great colouring sweetie.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, love your colour and layout. The Magnolia DooHickeys doily flower is also a favourite of mine, I have the matching butterfly on my wish list. hee hee. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks Kim, must invest in some new promarkers, I don't have ANY of those colours hahaha! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Kim this is soooooo stunning - I love everything about it :o)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so pretty! I love the little teddy peeking out of the box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so gorgeous! Love the image and pretty papers - I really need that paper pad!!!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x