Wednesday 27 March 2013

A 'Getting Older' Birthday!

Good morning all and hope that your week is going well.  Still no sign of any warmer weather for us and I've a feeling that we'll still be wrapped up over Easter too!  Feeling a bit tired this morning - had an early 'unscheduled' start - Poppy the Cat decided that she'd get off our bed and come downstairs and wake Tilly the Dog up - at 5.30am!  So then Tilly decided she'd wake me up to tell me that Poppy had woken her up. So I had to come down, shuffling along in pyjamas and only one eye half open (so glamorous!) to let the dog out and stand at the back door watching the odd snowflake, then make the cat go back upstairs so that I could then crawl back into bed (whilst muttering and grumbling). But by then I was awake and it takes a while to drift back off to sleep - then the alarm goes at 6.45! Don't you just love pets......sigh.

Anyway, a quick card to share with you today.  One of our friends had a 'significant' birthday last week so I had to make a suitable card


I used one of the fantastic Bugaboo images (great for humorous cards!) and coloured the image with promarkers and flexmarkers


The fabulous embossed red coredinations card is from a gorgeous Core Impressions pad that I won in some blog candy from the lovely Eileen and then some stripy paper that was a freebie with a mag.  The sentiment is also from Bugaboo.  Then I simply added some bakers twine and black dew drops from Polkadoodles and decorated the inside to match

Quite a simple card really, but I think he liked it! 
Back soon, 
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
PartyTimeTuesday - anything goes
TopTipTuesday - ROFL 
MyCraftSpot - Twine
WhoopsiDaisy - use a digi


23 comments:

  1. Love this image and sentiment Kim. I'll definitely be "Mrs Old Fart" when I get older. Brilliant card.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and fab layout, made me laugh. Love the sentiment also. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card sweetie, I love this fun cards. Great layout. You know you wouldn't be without your babies in your life but at that time in the morning we tend to forget how they enrich our lives.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great sentiment to go with a fun image. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh...love this! I just called my Dad the very same thing..ha! Wish I had this card to give him at the time. ;)
    Wonderful coloring and of course the sentiment rocks!!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and fun Kim. Love the colour choices.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny! Love it , Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like my type of nights sleep to Kim. Only mine is the boys waking me. Lol.
    Ronnie has decided that as soon as he sees a little bit of light shine under his curtains, it's time for mummy to get up. (I'm dreading the summer days, god knows what time he will get me up then lol)

    Your card is fab as always. I love these bugaboo images
    Hope you have a better night tonight
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. So love how you did the sentiment with the twine.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 500-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, such a great image and and I love the sentiment.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A FABulous Fun card...LOve your image..
    LOve your colours too.
    Chrissyxx
    No..It's no joke having to get up early with pets...
    trouble is they can then 'sleep' in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee hee Perfect moniker for old Gus. Thanks for the chuckle today Kim. I needed it. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Kim. Made me smile and also thought of someone who I could do a card like that for.

    Your colouring is great.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful funny card^_^
    Hugs,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love getting woken in the early hours when 'Harry' needs a pit stop..lol..if only he could wait half an hour more I would be up...but no!!..gotta be now..lol..
    Fabulous fun card Kim,love the image and sentiment..love the twine design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't you just love Gus?! Fab card, love the colours and the sentiment really made me smile.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card and love your choice of colours. Great layout and image. Thank you for entering in Creative Card Crew challenge.
    Lou DT.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Kim, made me smile.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! This card is fantastic! The image is so funny and so is the sentiment! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card and love that sentiment LOL!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! Love the image and sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew. Hope you have a fabulous day!

    - Jenn DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi Kim...lol your card is brill, love it, have a lovely Easter weekend, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy challenge Blog.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x