Wednesday 12 September 2012

Lighthouse

Hello all and hope that your week is going well?  A reasonably quick post from me today ("Thank goodness for that" I hear the cry!).  I've got a demanding dog waiting for a walk - but I've a feeling that I may need to wrap up a bit warmer as it definitely feels as though autumn has arrived!  I've had one of those frustrating days today phoning companies, waiting to be called back, waiting for deliveries (which the incredibly silly delivery driver tried to deliver next door - and they were out! - when the address was clearly written on the parcel and our house number is clearly displayed - ggrrr!).  And then finding when the parcel is delivered that it's not what you ordered - ggrrr!  Kim - breathe!  I did explain to the company on the phone that they should speak to my son and explain why they'd sent the wrong skateboard wheels - let them deal with a grumpy 14 year old!  Sigh.

Sorry to have a moan!  So, to today's card!  I made this for my brother-in-law for his recent birthday.  He's definitely not the pink and fluffy sort, and so I thought this one might fit the bill


I love the simplicity of this Lindsay Mason stamp, such a tranquil image - and I definitely need a touch of tranquility today lol! 


I've coloured the stamp with promarkers and then used chalks to soften the colouring and create the sky effect.  I must treat myself to some pan pastels and have a go with them at doing skies as I've seen some fantastic effects with them on people's blogs! 
I've lightly sanded some coredinations card, used a freebie sentiment stamp and some bakers twine and some buttons from stash. 
This is about as 'clean and simple' as my cards get! 
Hope you like it!   Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Creative Craft Challenges - all about the boys
Sweet Stamps - for the guys
Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes



14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kim, great image.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, Lovely restful card after your stressful day. So suitable for a man. I am rubbish at men's cards and this is fabulous.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope tomorrow is a much better day for you.

    Your card is lovely, it would be great for my hubby, he loves lighthouses.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had 'one of those days' today! There's quite a few companies could do with a lesson in good customer service!
    Fab card for a bloke - love your lighthouse image, great sky too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image, I agree - it has a lovely tranquil feel about it. Your clouds look great too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this is beautiful and the clouds are just fabulous. I could just go for a long weekend to this lighthouse - though not if I have had a few glasses of wine. Very steep drop!!!
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some day you've been having Kim, I hope tomorrow's better! Your card is lovely, that image is fab and I love how you've coloured it - your sky is fantastic.

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card - the sea and seaside scenes are just my favourite theme! - thanks for playing at CCC this week hugs Judith

    Ps just signed up as your latest follower look forward to more of your fab cards x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done Kim! The softly shaded clouds are so lovely behind the lighthouse. Fantastic masculine card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great man's card Kim. Fabulous image, coloured beautifully, and just enough embellishments. Love it
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card, I love the seaside, but couldn't be further away from it here in the midlands!! The twine and buttons work really well

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so lovely and I am sure it was appreciated. You have coloured it beautifully. Great image for any man.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim, perfect masculine card and that is a lovely image.

    Thanks for popping by my blog and becoming a follower as well - are you sure you can take the waffle??!!

    I'm off to become a follower of yours as well now.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card. I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenge.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x