Thursday 17 May 2012

My favourite things!

Good morning! No, I'm not going to burst into song with the Sound of Music (but I bet you're humming the tune now?!). And not a card today. But thought I'd share a mini-journal that I started a while ago, with pages made about some of my favourite things

These were a series of pages put together on a stiff board base, approx 6" square, using various bits and pieces. I did originally want to do this as a circle journal - one that gets passed around a group with each person adding their own page - but circumstances didn't make that happen! However, I did a few pages and my daughter did a couple. I think it's probably time to make a few more pages! 
'Home' is definitely one of my favourite things so of course that had to be included. And I confess now that I am (in addition to a craftaholic!) addicted to Lord of the Rings! Ever since finding the book in my teens many years ago I have been a fan, so naturally that had to have a page
The backing paper was from a download (a map of Middle Earth!) and distressed and inked. And I found a great quote from Tolkien on vellum. 

'Friends' are another 'favourite thing'. The large flowery page is a lift-up flap with a great piece of 'personal philosophy' that I found somewhere - but sadly can't remember where I found it! 
Not sure if you'll be able to read it, but the opening paragraph is:
If I had my life to live over, I'd dare to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax; I'd limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice-cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

And these are two pages that my daughter made
Apologies for a rather long and rambling post today! Just thought it would be good to show something different to cards! And if you'd like to share a circle journal with me just let me know!
Back soon, Kim x  






2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this, sort of thing that I do! Love to put favourite quotes and images together to keep and look back on. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Kim sorry I couldn't comment yesterday blooming thing was palying up. Anyway this is so beautiful something you can look at in years to come welldone it's beautiful. Have a great weekend. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x