Wednesday 16 May 2012

Girls just wanna have fun!

Good morning! Hope the sun is shining wherever you are - and thankfully it is here today! It's amazing what a difference a bit of blue sky and sunshine can have on your feelings towards the day - I actually feel as though I have some energy and need to get lots of jobs done (especially before it rains again lol!). So before I head off to do some of the never-ending housework (yuck!) I thought I'd share this card with you - a perhaps appropriate one for a sunny day!

Don't those ladies just look fab! It's an Art Impressions stamp called 'Girlfriends' - and I think it's such a fun image. I'm not suggesting that they look like me & my friends, but..... lol!
 I've coloured the stamp with promarkers and added a few mini gems & pearls (well, they would be wearing a bit of bling wouldn't they??)

As it's quite a large stamp, I wanted to keep the embellishments fairly minimal. The backing paper is K&Co and I added a length of plaited sheer ribbons - although used a few choice words under my breath as it kept unravelling on me and was perhaps a better idea than actually worked!  The die cut flower is from a Marianne Creatables. 

But I think that great sentiment stamp (from the Whimsy ticket range) says it all! 

Hope the card has made you smile today!  It made me smile when I was colouring it in! 
And thanks for the comments about the dentist! - thanks, it did go ok!
Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this in the following challenges :-
BunnyZoesCraftChallenge - anything goes
Stamp and Create challenge - for the ladies
ccmonthlychallenge - here comes summer


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card that image is fantastic and coloured beautifully. I love how you have put gems in their ears brilliant.
    Have a good day. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great design, such fun, I love it, did make my chuckle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card it's fabulous! great work, Sylv x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Kim. Love that image. :)
    Thank you for your kind concern. I'm continuing on with pre-scheduled posts - they are staggered as I can only post them when given the go ahead. My wrists are easing nicely so hopefully I'll be able to get back to my 'normal' routine soon, whatever that is!! :)

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x