Tuesday 22 May 2012

Doing the gardening!

Good morning and I hope it's as lovely & sunny where you are as it is here in north west Lancashire! A beautiful spring morning - and I hope it lasts for a while! So, with that in mind, it's a pretty short post today and then I'll make the most of the sunshine. This card features a cute stamp that I love from Stampavie, a Sarah Kay image called 'Elodie in the garden'

It's a fairly simple card - and a very girly one! 

I've coloured the image with promarkers, with pastel shades. The lovely backing paper is from a First Edition pad called Birdsong - and it has lovely embossed & shiny flowers although they don't really show up on the photo I'm afraid. The card is 7"x5" - a change from my usual 6" square!
I've just added the fence (a DooHickey die) cut on coredinations card and then lightly sanded back to give a little 'weathered' feel to the fence - although our garden fences are looking definitely a bit more 'weathered' than that at the moment lol! After all the recent wind & rain our fences are definitely on the 'heavily battered' side of 'weathered'! 
The sentiment stamp is from LOTV - with a couple of little sparkly gems coloured with promarkers to match. The flower embellishments I've die cut on the Big Shot from felt, using a Sizzix flower die and a Marianne Creatables one - a bit of mix and match going on there. The buttons are from my stash.
I do like to add fabric to cards & scrapbook pages, etc., as I think they give an extra dimension.  I admit that I'm addicted to fabrics of all sorts, have an over-flowing stash of many different materials - and even occasionally use some of them! And buttons are always a favourite embellishment.
So, that's it! Quite a straightforward & fairly simple card from me. Hope you like it!
I'm off out for lunch today with a friend I haven't seen for about 6 months so really looking forward to a chat & catch up (and the addition of a scrummy cake will be very nice too!). Then it's back to work tomorrow :(
Enjoy the sunshine, Kim x 

I'm entering this into the following challenges:-
CreativeCardCrew - dimension



7 comments:

  1. Hey Kim!!! yes it's a lovely sunny day in Eastbourne too. Wow it makes you feel so much better with a bit of sunshine. Thank you so much for putting up a pic of your gorgeous Poppy cat!!! awww she is lovely (even if she is a bit grumpy lol!). I absolutely love your card hun, especially those gorgeous felt cut flowers. That is a lovely stamp too and you have certainly achieved that weathered look with the fence. Hope you enjoy the weather this week Kim. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was sunny here yesterday, and it was supposed to be sunny all week but guess what, it's raining. booo :( Oh well! Love this card Kim, it's so pretty! I love the flowers, and that image is adorable and coloured really well :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card. Love that image. Too CUTE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the creative card crew for this challenge.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon KIm I so love your card the image is gorgeous and I love those flowers. Enjoy your afternoon. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. just beautiful, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and so like those flower embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card hun.
    I'm so happy that you joined us this week with your lovely creation!

    Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x