Saturday 28 April 2012

New Home

Good morning - and at least it's dry (and possibly a bit brighter here)! Just wanted to share a card I made recently before I have to head off to do usual Saturday morning jobs (i.e. horrible housework, washing school uniforms, etc!).  My lovely sister-in-law and her husband recently moved house, and after many years finally have a garden as well! They both love wildlife & she loves feeding the birds, and they are really enjoying being able to sit and watch the birds in the garden on the (very numerous & well-stocked) birdfeeders! So I wanted to make a special little card for them for their new home

and this is what I came up with!  The lovely stamp is a Little Claire design, and they do a lovely range of cute stamps.  I coloured it with promarkers and prisma pencils

The backing paper is from the First Edition 'Birdsong' pad and the embossed panel is a Cuttlebug embossing folder (birds & swirls).  The flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts and I've used a Marianne Creatables die for the ivy and bird house.

I decorated the inside with some pale green paper and used the DooHickey die 'lovely fence' (just loving that die - keep trying to think of cards to use it, so apologies if you keep seeing it!) with some more of the ivy twirled around it and the little bird die cut which is in the Marianne set. I think it works pretty well.

And of course, it had to have a nice box to go with it! This was just simply decorated with Marianne dies for the corners & butterflies, a WOC rose & a meadow leaf die cut (another die that I find so useful). 
And thankfully, my sister-in-law really liked the card.  I hope they have many years enjoying their garden now! 
After all the boring household stuff I've got to do today, I'm hoping to get some more crafting done this afternoon (or if it stays fine I might even get into the garden - things are starting to grow fast now!). But roll on warmer weather! 
Hope you have a good weekend whatever you're doing! 
Back soon, Kim x 




2 comments:

  1. You're card is just beautiful Kim. The colours you have used are just right. Love it and TFS
    Taz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim

    What a beautiful card - love the image and the colours are just fantastic - love what you have done with the inside too.

    Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment.

    See you soon.

    Toodle pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x